Tuesday, August 14, 2007

TIRUPPAVADAI UTSAVAM AT KOORAM


Dear viewers

This post is about the THIRU PAVADAI UTSAVAM which is going to be performed in Kooram.This utsavam is celebrated in concern with an incident where one day it happens to rain very heavily in GOKULAM, as a result of the anger of INDRA, the king of devas on yadhavas for the reason being, that they have not given his share of sacrifice which they usually do once a year and instead gave it to THE GOVARDHANA GIRI, as directed by Lord KRISHNA.But ultimately INDRA realises his mistake and surrenders to Lord Krishna and comes to Gokulam to pay his respects to Lord Krishna.

In memory of this event the THIRU PAVADAI UTSAVAM is celebrated in every Vaishnava temple by offering a mountain of rice,vegetables and fruits to Krishna
and then distributing this prasadham i.e. ANUGRAHAM to all bakthas.

Please do come to KOORAM on 19.8.2007 sunday to witness this great utsavam which is being celebrated ONCE IN A YEAR ONLY.

Daasan

Kooram Varadarya Daasan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is a pleasure to see the photos of swami sitting at home... its really a boon to have seen swami...
-P.R.K Murthy & family

Anonymous said...

I just need a little explanation, would anyone care to elaborate on the last comment?
So do you like this movie Inception? I think it's a masterpiece, aside from the cast… they didn't do a very good job, though they tried.
How do I promote my website?
I'm a little bit eccentric, and sometimes my comments get removed. I just want to add some spark.

I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing.